Sunday, August 12, 2012

8/12/12

So in an effort to get my blog going I didn't make a plan for today. Ha! Tonight I will try and plan out the next few days so I know when to use what so everything is as fresh as possible. I'll pull most of my recipes together to make it as easy to get a meal on the table quickly. I'm thinking I might write everything out on my evernote to make it easy to access on the ipad while cooking in the kitchen. I just love using it in this way. Add some of my favorite Pandora and I'm a happy camper.

So today the deets were this...

B* 1 piece of Homemade Monkey Bread.. I made this to take to a choir reunion and only got a taste of the piece that stuck to the pan when I turned it out. I would have gotten a normal serving but before I knew it, it was gone. Happy that everyone (seemed) to like it and I didn't have to bring any of it home. :) I also had a blueberry muffin and a 1/2 cup of oj (not sure if it was fresh squeezed...)

L 3 pieces of Marathon bread (I should mention these are smaller than the typical loaf size) I toasted two of the slices and slathered 1 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter on one side and a tbsp clover honey on the other. Yum! Add 8 cherries to the mix and a decent wedge of Edam and I had a nice little lunch going on. I also blended in the Vitamix a white flesh nectarine and a cup and a half of milk.

I took a nap after playing with the baby for a good bit. Aren't Sunday afternoon naps the best? I was pretty tuckered out from staying up half the night and getting up super duper early to get the monkey bread to rise and bake. And also had to get MY monkey ready for his first visit to TPUMC.

D 1 can Tongol tuna, tbsp fresh dill, tbsp Mayo, and 3/4 c. whole wheat elbow noodles, cracked pepper. This came together in a snap. It was a matter of seeing the can of tuna in the pantry and finding an almost totally empty box of elbow noodles. I was really glad it was nearly gone because that means no leftovers and therefore no temptation to overeat. The fresh dill was a nice surprise. Usually I use dried spices for most dishes because I have a hard time keeping fresh herbs alive after I use them for a dish. There is no excuse. I have two big windows in my kitchen that bring in tons of light and the water source (the faucet) is within reach. There is even one of those spray jobbies that could make it super easy. I need to work on this. As I type this, there is a dried up, shriveled up pot of thyme. It sits there as a sad, sad reminder of my brown thumb.

UPDATE:

I don't know whether it was walking two blocks delivering neighborhood newsletters or what but I needed a snack this evening. 1/2 c. wild rice blend and 4 cherries.

*This is my food journal for the day. I love abbreviating. nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment