Monday, August 13, 2012

8/13/20012

As you can see below in the older post I went ahead and typed up " the plan" for food through Saturday. I did type this in Evernote. Copied and pasted and got it all organized. B, L, D, and 2 snacks per day. I always like to build those in even if I don't end up eating them. To me, snacks are important. They do a few things when your first getting started. They keep the hunger at bay and they boost your metabolism. They jump start you into cleaning that tile floor in the bathroom or conquering the huge pile of  linens that need washing. As of right now, I can't get by without them. We will see if that changes later on down the line.

I'll be honest, it did take a little over 30 mins for me to honker down and plan out this far ahead and in such detail. But it will take the guess work out of figuring out what to cook and that's half the battle right there.

Today was a fairly good day and I only derailed from the plan a little.

B 1 egg omelette on 2 pieces of Marathon toast with 3 good sized strawberries. And a big jar (over the last year or so we've cut out 90% of our plastic drinking cups and now use glass jars or bottles) of water. I was thirsty!

S 1 Cherry- I had planned for onion pancakes but wasn't hungry for them and time didn't allow a snack anyway.

L Salmon fish filet (1/2 lb.) seasoned with old bay with nearly a cup of Lundbergs Wild (Rice) blend. This made a huge portion and I got pretty stuffed. But with the price I paid for the fish I wasn't about to let it go. So down the pipe it went and I was happy.

S No snack. Full from lunch. But I did make myself a good cup of Brazilian blend coffee from Olmos Perk. I added a splash of Almond Joy creamer (not in the least bit good for me but oh so good) and it gave me just the boost I needed to tackle cleaning the kitchen and laundry and picking up around the house.

D Pizza with tomatoes and mozzarella on the dough mix pizza dough. Made a pizza about 10 inches in diameter. It was good. It served both me and my husband. I did a crappy job of cutting it in half on purpose and gave him the larger piece. That way I could cut some calories. And I peeled two carrots really quick and added a tbsp of roasted garlic hummus to my plate. It was a satisfying meal. I think next time I will most definitely make my own dough. It's not difficult and I have no excuse.

As I type this I am having a strong hankering for something sweet. It is a very good and very bad thing that the sweetest thing in the house right now is cherries. They just aren't chocolate.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment